Tapered edge gypsum plaster base
- Suitable for construction where framing members are spaced 16” o.c.
- Provides a smooth durable base for plaster.
- Provides appearance and surface of conventional plaster at a lower cost.
Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Plaster Base is a tapered edge gypsum plaster base with a 100% recycled absorptive face paper surface designed to permit rapid trowel application of Kal-Kote® Basecoat, Uni-Kal®, and X-KALibur® veneer plasters as well as Gypsolite® Plaster.
Kal-Kore Plaster Base and veneer plaster systems may be specified for virtually all types of partition and ceiling constructions, including wood or steel framing, furring and masonry. For both residential and commercial buildings, both two-coat and one-coat veneer plaster systems produce a wall more nail-pop-resistant than conventional lath and plaster.
GridMarX® are printed on the paper surface to help installers instantly identify stud locations and make accurate cuts without having to pencil in or snap chalk lines.
For a plaster base used in UL fire-rated designs, see Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield® Plaster Base (5/8”, Type X), 1/2“ Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield C™ Plaster Base (1/2“, Type C) or 5/8” Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield C™ Plaster Base (5/8”, Type C).
- Use for construction with framing members space 16” o.c.
- Provides a strong bond for the application of Kal-Kote Basecoat, Uni-Kal, and X-KALibur veneer plasters as well as Gypsolite Plaster.
- Provides the appearance and surface of conventional plaster at lower cost.
- Provides a smooth and durable base for plaster.
- High resistance to cracking, nail-popping, impact and abrasion failure.
FAST AND EASY INSTALLATION
- Features GridMarX guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Rapid installation reduces overall construction time.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes are negligible.
- UL Classified for fire resistance, surface burning characteristics and non-combustibility.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Achieves UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit: ul.com/gg
Video: Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Plaster Base
Video: Kal-Kore® Plaster Base and Veneer Plaster Installation
Products that suit any project criteria
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.