Specialty gypsum board that is formulated to be 25% lighter
Can be installed on both walls and ceilings
Gold Bond® High Strength LITE® Gypsum Board is a specialty gypsum board that is formulated to be 25% lighter than original 1/2" Gypsum Board. The result is a superior board that is lighter in weight, sag resistant, and easier to handle.
High Strength LITE® Gypsum Board can be used for walls and ceilings in non-fire rated single layer construction where framing members are spaced up to 24" o.c. Because it can be installed on both walls and ceilings, it eliminates the need for two different types of gypsum board on the job.
- 25% lighter than 1/2 in. (12.7 mm) Gold Bond Gypsum Board.
- Can be used on walls and ceilings.
- Can be installed on ceilings 24" o.c. using a water-based texture and overlaid insulation.
- Lighter weight results in easier handling.
- Excellent working properties including improved score and snap, reduced dust, and improved strength to weight ratio.
- Excellent sag resistance. Test results show overall sag on tested assembly to be equivalent to 5/8" Type X gypsum board.
- GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface allowing the installer to quickly identify fastener lines for stud and joist framing. GridMarX also assists with quick identification of nail/screw patterns.
Gold Bond® High Strength LITE® Gypsum Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Product details and technical documentation
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.