Gypsum board that is formulated to be 25% lighter
- Lightweight - 25% lighter than standard 1/2” gypsum board.
- Suitable for all interior applications; including walls and ceilings.
- Excellent sag resistance; Equivalent to 5/8” Type X gypsum board.
Gold Bond® High Strength LITE® Gypsum Board is a gypsum board that is formulated to be 25% lighter than standard 1/2” gypsum board. The result is a superior board that is lighter in weight, sag resistant, and easier to handle.
High Strength LITE Gypsum Board can be used for walls and ceilings in non-fire rated single layer construction where framing members are spaced up to 24” o.c. Because it can be installed on both walls and ceilings, it eliminates the need for two different types of gypsum board on the job.
GridMarX® are printed on the paper surface to help installers instantly identify stud locations and make accurate cuts without having to pencil in or snap chalk lines.
For an approved component in UL fire-rated designs use Gold Bond® Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board.
- Use for walls and ceilings in non-fire-rated construction where framing members are spaced up to 24” o.c.
- 25% lighter than standard 1/2" gypsum board.
- Lighter weight results in easier handling.
WORKS WELL FOR INTERIOR PROJECTS
- Can be used on walls and ceilings.
- Eliminates the need for two types of board on the job.
- Can be installed on ceilings 24” o.c. using water-based texture and overlaid insulation.
- Excellent sag resistance, Test results show overall sag on tested assembly to be equivalent to 5/8” Type X gypsum board.
FAST AND EASY TO INSTALL
- Features GridMarX guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Excellent working properties including improved score and snap, reduced dust, and improved strength to weight ratio.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity and resists warping, rippling, buckling, and sagging.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
Products that suit any project criteria
Drywall Panels, Ceiling Board / Panels, Factory Built Housing, Lightweight Panels
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.