Increased resistance to incidental moisture
Available in a Regular, Type X or Type C core
- For use in all interior applications.
- Anywhere mold and moisture is a concern.
- Long term protection for life of the structure.
Use Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® Gypsum Panels wherever gypsum board is specified in interior applications for the entire project, wood or metal framing, that require increased resistance to incidental moisture.
These gypsum panels consist of a moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed fiberglass mat on the face, back and sides. eXP® Interior Extreme Gypsum Panels are available in a Regular, Type X or Type C core. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core.
PROVIDES FIRE RESISTANCE
- Fire-resistant material with a non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
- ½ in. (12.7 mm) Fire-Shield C, 5/8 in. (15.9 mm) Fire-Shield Type X or Type C have specially formulated cores that are approved components in specific UL fire-rated designs.
RESISTS MOISTURE AND MOLD BETTER
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Features the GridMarX guide marks on the panel to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- May use for pre-rock applications before building is completely enclosed, which may speed installation.
- Versatile product can be used throughout the entire project where gypsum board is specified.
OFFERS SUPERIOR DURABILITY
- Offers a 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity.
When Long-Term Exposure To Mold Is A Concern
Your project warrants added protection against mold and moisture in interior applications, and eXP® Interior Extreme® Gypsum Panel is an excellent choice. When designing a building with a non-paper faced gypsum application, this gypsum panel features coated fiberglass facers as well as an enhanced moisture- and mold resistant gypsum core.
The inorganic glass mat is embedded in the core, giving it added strength and moisture-resistant properties. With eXP Interior Extreme, you can use a single gypsum panel throughout the entire project, wherever gypsum board is specified. Consider specifying Interior Extreme for pre-rock applications, or before the building envelope is completely enclosed.
Use it on the interior side of exterior walls, where moisture exposure is more likely to occur. It is also ideally suited for topping out, helping push the construction schedule to an on-time completion. This flexible substrate works well for both wood and metal-framed construction.
Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® Gypsum Panel Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Mold & Moisture Resistant, Drywall Panels
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.