Mold and moisture resistant with superior exposure capabilities
For both wood and metal construction
- Dimensionally stable base to build high performance exterior wall assembly.
- Provides superior moisture resistance.
- 12-month extended exposure warranty.
Use eXP® Sheathing on the outside of a wall and soffit framing as a substrate for exterior cladding. It is available with a regular gypsum core. eXP® Sheathing consists of a moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed PURPLE fiberglass mat on the face, back and sides. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and it provides superior weather resistance.
- 1/2” (12.7 mm) / Regular
PROVIDES FIRE RESISTANCE
- Fire-resistant material with a non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
- Manufactured to meet ASTM C1177 (“Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Substrate for use as Sheathing”)
RESISTS MOISTURE AND MOLD BETTER
- Provides superior water resistance without impeding vapor transmission.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Features the GridMarX guide marks on the panel to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Coated glass mat facers for easy handling.
OFFERS SUPERIOR DURABILITY
- Offers a 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity.
The outer exterior walls and soffits of the building envelope are critical elements that deserve attention. Most of these assemblies require sheathing to be attached to the outside of framing as a water-resistant underlayment for various materials. Depending upon where your project is being erected, these assemblies could be exposed to wind, rain, snow, and extreme temperatures for extended periods during the construction process and afterward.
With eXP Sheathing Sealed Surface Technology, your project can withstand the elements. For both wood and metal construction, eXP Sheathing provides a solid substrate for various air and water-resistive barriers and is a component in Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS). With eXP Sheathing, you’ll have built-in weather and fire protection.
eXP Sheathing offers a moisture- and mold-resistant panel with superior extended-exposure capabilities. It is lightweight, handles easily, and is used for a variety of finishes.
- Use it as sheathing on wood or steel framing to provide fire resistance and weather protection when used under exterior claddings, such as wood, vinyl, and fiber cement siding, masonry veneer, EIFS, and stucco.
- Use it as a sheathing in fire-resistance-rated exterior wall assemblies.
Products that suit any project criteria
Sheathing, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.