Tile substrate for wet areas
Moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum panel for tile applications
- Gypsum backer board for tile applications in high-moisture areas.
- Acrylic-coated facer eliminates the need for a moisture barrier.
- Ideally suited for a variety of interior applications.
Gold Bond® eXP® Tile Backer is manufactured with an enhanced moisture- and mold-resistant core encased in specially designed coated glass mat facers. The facer is then coated with a specially formulated acrylic coating, which provides superior protection against moisture and humidity. It provides an integral water barrier, eliminating the need for a separate water barrier. It is available in a regular core.
eXP Tile Backer is an acrylic-coated, moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum panel specially designed for use as a substrate for tile applications in high-moisture rooms, including showers, bathrooms, indoor swimming pools, laundry rooms, and kitchens.
Use eXP Tile Backer as a code-compliant substrate for tile and other finishes in both wet and non-wet areas, and areas of high humidity. It is ideally suited for interior walls and ceilings.
For an approved component in UL fire-rated designs use Gold Bond® eXP® Fire-Shield® Tile Backer (5/8” Type X).
- Use in both wood- and metal-framed construction for interior wall and ceiling and countertop assemblies as a substrate for tile and other finishes.
- Approved for use in high-moisture environments such as baths, showers, indoor pools, kitchens and laundry rooms.
RESISTS MOISTURE AND MOLD BETTER
- Acrylic-coated fiberglass front facer provides an integral water barrier, eliminating the need for a separate water barrier.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Coated fiberglass facers for easy handling.
- Integrated water barrier.
- Fire-resistant material with non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
OFFERS SUPERIOR DURABILITY
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity
Products that suit any project criteria
Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.