Strong and durable
- Abuse resistant: For high traffic areas where indentation and surface abrasion are concerns.
- Provides superior mold and moisture resistance.
- Type X core is fire resistant and is an approved component in UL fire-rated designs.
- Offers 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® AR Gypsum Panels consist of an abuse-, moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed fiberglass mat on the face and back sides. In addition to providing moisture and mold resistance, the AR panel has a denser core and an enhanced glass mat for increased resistance to indentation and abrasion. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core.
Use it for interior applications in areas prone to surface abrasion and indentation, including corridors, entryways, lobby areas, and warehouses.
GridMarX® are printed on the glass mat surface to help installers instantly identify stud locations and make accurate cuts without having to pencil in or snap chalk lines.
If looking for a product that is abuse resistant and more resistant to impact and cavity penetration, see Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® IR Gypsum Panels.
- Use for interior wall and ceiling assemblies in areas where surface abrasion, indentation and moisture, mold and mildew resistance are major concerns.
- Use on the interior side of exterior walls, mechanical rooms and core walls where moisture exposure is more likely.
- Use for pre-rock applications before the building is completely enclosed, which may shorten construction cycles.
- Provides greater resistance to surface abuse and impact penetration over standard gypsum board.
- Scratch and scuff resistant, helps to prevent damage that adds maintenance costs.
- Has a specially formulated core that adds an extra level of durability.
RESISTS MOISTURE AND MOLD BETTER
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
PROVIDES ADDITIONAL FIRE RESISTANCE
- Features a Type X core making it more fire resistant than ordinary wallboard.
- Approved component in UL fire-rated designs.
- Fire-resistant material with non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
- Manufactured to meet ASTM C1658 (“Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Substrate for use as Sheathing”).
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Features GridMarX guide marks on the panel to allow for faster more accurate installation.
- Save time and money with MaX 12® and MaX 16® optimized fastener patterns to achieve 1-hour fire ratings using fewer fasteners.
- Coated glass mat facers for easy handling.
OFFERS SUPERIOR DURABILITY
- Offers a 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity.
Products that suit any project criteria
Abuse & Impact Resistant, Drywall Panels, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.