Strong and durable
Abuse-, moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum core
- Walls subject to surface abrasion and indentation.
- Scratch and scuff resistant.
- Ideal for corridors, classrooms, entryways, and lobby areas.
Use Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® AR Gypsum Panels for interior applications in areas prone to surface abrasion and indentation, including corridors, entryways, lobby areas, and warehouses.
These gypsum panels consist of an abuse-, moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed fiberglass mat on the face and back sides. In addition to providing moisture and mold resistance, the AR panel has a denser core and an enhanced glass mat for increased resistance to indentation and abrasion. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core.
For High-Traffic Areas Where Indentation and Surface Abrasion Are Concerns
We have taken the moisture- and mold-resistant qualities of our eXP® Interior Extreme® and improved upon it with eXP® Interior Extreme® AR (Abuse Resistant) Gypsum Panel. In addition to the standard IE performance benefits, this coated fiberglass-faced gypsum panel also offers an extra level of surface durability. eXP Interior Extreme AR is designed for a non-paper faced gypsum application, utilizing coated glass mat facers.
The specially formulated gypsum core combines enhanced protection against moisture and mold with added surface-abrasion resistance. When you think about eXP Interior Extreme AR, think: strong and durable. As with eXP Interior Extreme, consider specifying Interior Extreme AR for pre-rock applications before the building envelope is completely enclosed.
Easy to work with and handle, it is also approved for specific UL fire-rated designs.
Areas prone to surface abrasion and indentation include:
- Lobby areas
eXP® Interior Extreme® Abuse Resistant (AR) Gypsum Panels consist of an abuse-, moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed glass mat on the face, back, and sides. In addition to moisture and mold resistance, the AR Panel has a denser core and an enhanced glass mat for increased resistance to indentation and abrasion. It is available in a Type X core. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core.
- Use it for interior applications in areas prone to surface abrasion and indentation, including corridors, entryways, lobby areas, and warehouses.
Finishing: Perform finishing of eXP Panels in accordance with GA-214. Joints between eXP Panels may be finished with either paper tape and ready mix joint compound and setting compound. In most areas to receive a final decoration, skim coating of the entire surface is recommended.
Provides Fire Resistance
- Fire-resistant material with a non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
- Manufactured to meet ASTM C1658 (“Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Substrate for use as Sheathing”).
Resists Moisture and Mold Better
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
Installs Fast and Easy
- Features the GridMarX® guide marks on the panel to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Coated glass mat facers for easy handling.
Offers Superior Durability
- Offers a 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity.
Provides Abuse Resistance
- Provides greater resistance to surface abuse and impact penetration over gypsum board.
Products that suit any project criteria
Abuse & Impact Resistant, Drywall Panels, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.