Lightweight weather resistant fire barrier
Available in a Type X core
- For use in shaft, stairwells and Area Separation Walls.
- Resists mold and moisture.
- 12-month extended exposure warranty.
Use eXP® Shaftliner to construct lightweight fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls (1-4 hr.) and area separation fire walls (2 hr.). eXP® Shaftliner consists of a moisture- and mold resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed PURPLE® fiberglass mat on the face, back and sides. It is available in a Type X core. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core.
PROVIDES FIRE RESISTANCE
- Fire-resistant material with a non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
- Approved component in specific UL fire-rated designs.
RESISTS MOISTURE AND MOLD BETTER
- Provides superior water resistance without impeding vapor transmission.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Scores and snaps easily without sawing.
- Coated glass mat facers for easy handing.
OFFERS SUPERIOR DURABILITY
- Offers a 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity.
Extra protection against inclement weather
eXP® Shaftliner is optimal when constructing lightweight fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls, stairwells and area separation walls in multi-family housing units.
Whether you are constructing multifamily housing or commercial projects, guard against damaging elements like rain and moisture and ensure you will achieve a fire rating. eXP® Shaftliner is a moisture and mold-resistant shaftliner panel with a fire-resistant (Type X) core. Use eXP Shaftliner Panels to construct lightweight fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls (1-4 hr.), stairwells and area separation fire walls in multi-family housing. These panels are key components in the Cavity Shaftwall Systems and the Area Separation Fire Wall Systems.
As with all eXP® products, eXP Shaftliner is a moisture- and mold-resistant panel with added fire-resistance. The PURPLE® coated fiberglass facers provide excellent weather- and water-resistant capabilities. Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and humidity, this hard-working panel resists warping, rippling, buckling and sagging. It is specially coated on the front, back and edges for easy installation. eXP Shaftliner can also enhance acoustical performance; again, ideal when you are constructing multi-family residences.
- eXP® Cavity Shaftwall Systems: These systems enclose elevator, horizontal shafts and chase walls in buildings where it is advantageous to erect these walls from one side only. eXP® Shaftliner is the right choice when designing for fire resistance and changing air pressure. Shaftwalls are non-load bearing partitions made up of gypsum board and metal framing. These systems are lightweight and economical compared with conventional shaftwalls.
- eXP® Area Separation Wall Systems: Area Separation Wall is a popular method for constructing today’s multi-family housing units. These assemblies will be exposed to outdoor elements during the building process, and eXP Shaftliner features a coated glass mat facer and gypsum core that can provide increased protection.
Gold Bond® eXP® Shaftliner has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Shaftliner, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.