Ideal for areas prone to intentional penetration
Provides moisture and mold resistance
- Walls subject to intentional impact from hard objects.
- For areas prone to wall cavity penetration.
- 12-month exposure warranty.
Use eXP® Interior Extreme® IR Gypsum Panels for interior applications requiring increased resistance to incidental moisture and wall penetrations. Ideally, use these gypsum panels in areas prone to cavity penetration, including gymnasiums, correctional facilities, schools and workshops.
eXP® Interior Extreme® IR consist of an impact-, moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed fiberglass mat on the face, back and sides. In addition to providing moisture and mold resistance, the IR Panel has a denser core and a specially formulated fiberglass mesh embedded into the core for increased resistance to indentation and impact. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core.
PROVIDES FIRE RESISTANCE
- Fire-resistant material with a non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
- Approved component in specific UL fire-rated designs.
RESISTS MOISTURE AND MOLD BETTER
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Features the GridMarX® guide marks on the panel to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Coated glass mat facers for easy handling.
OFFERS SUPERIOR DURABILITY
- Offers a 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity.
PROVIDES IMPACT RESISTANCE
- Provides greater resistance to abuse and impact penetration over standard gypsum board.
For Areas Susceptible To Extreme Abuse And Impact Penetration
eXP® Interior Extreme IR is an even more durable and impact-resistant version of eXP® Interior Extreme® AR.
eXP® Interior Extreme IR has the same added protection against mold and moisture in interior applications as eXP® Interior Extreme. IR is designed for a non-paper faced gypsum application and anywhere impact penetration and heavy traffic is a concern. It utilizes coated fiberglass facers, along with a specially formulated fiberglass mesh embedded into the gypsum core. IR provides a high level of surface-impact resistance. When you think about eXP® Interior Extreme IR, think: the toughest board in the series.
Areas prone to cavity penetration include:
- Correctional facilities
This flexible substrate works well for both wood and metal-framed construction and is approved for specific UL fire-rated designs.
Finishing: Perform finishing of eXP panels in accordance with GA-214. Joints between eXP panels may be finished with either paper tape and ready-mix joint compound and setting compound. In most areas to receive final decoration, skim coating of the entire surface is recommended.
Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® IR Gypsum Panel has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Abuse & Impact Resistant, Drywall Panels, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.