Increased resistance to incidental moisture
- For use in all interior wall and ceiling applications.
- Provides superior mold and moisture resistance.
- Type X core is fire resistant and an approved component in UL fire-rated designs.
- Offers 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® Fire-Shield® Gypsum Panels consist of a moisture-, mold-resistant gypsum core encased in a coated, specially designed fiberglass mat on the face, back and sides. It is available in a Type X core to provide additional fire-resistance rating when used in tested systems. The glass mat is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core.
Use it wherever gypsum board is specified in interior applications for the entire project, wood or metal framing, for increased resistance to incidental moisture.
GridMarX® are printed on the glass mat surface to help installers instantly identify stud locations and make accurate cuts without having to pencil in or snap chalk lines.
If you are looking for a product not used in UL fire-rated designs, see Gold Bond® Interior Extreme® Gypsum Panels.
Check the Fire and Safety Information for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
- Use in both wood- and metal-framed construction for interior wall and ceiling finishing to provide increased moisture and mold resistance.
- Use on the interior side of exterior walls, mechanical rooms and core walls where moisture exposure is more likely.
- Approved for use in exterior soffit.
- Use for pre-rock applications before the building is completely enclosed, which may shorten construction cycles.
RESISTS MOISTURE AND MOLD BETTER
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
PROVIDES ADDITIONAL FIRE RESISTANCE
- Features a Type X core making it more fire resistant than ordinary wallboard.
- Approved component in UL fire-rated designs
- Fire-resistant material with non-combustible gypsum core helps protect framing elements, even when cladding is combustible.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Features GridMarX guide marks on the panel to allow for faster more accurate installation.
- Save time and money with MaX 12® and MaX 16® optimized fastener patterns to achieve 1-hour fire ratings using fewer fasteners.
- Coated glass mat facers for easy handling.
- Scores and snaps easily without sawing.
- May use for pre-rock applications before building is completely enclosed, which may speed up installation.
- Versatile product can be used throughout the entire project wherever gypsum board is specified.
OFFERS SUPERIOR DURABILITY
- Offers a 12-month extended exposure warranty for typical weather conditions.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity.
Products that suit any project criteria
Mold & Moisture Resistant, Drywall Panels
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.