Extra protection against mold and mildew
- Fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls, stairwells, and area separation walls.
- Mold and moisture resistant, provides extra protection against mold and mildew.
- Type X core is fire resistant and is an approved component in UL fire-rated designs.
Gold Bond® Shaftliner XP® gypsum panels consist of a mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistant Type X gypsum core encased in a mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistant, 100% recycled PURPLE® paper on the face and back sides.
Shaftliner XP is designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are beveled and finished smooth. Long edges of panels are beveled for ease of installation.
Shaftliner XP panels are designed to be used to construct lightweight fire barriers for elevator shafts (1-4 hr.) stairwells and area separation fire walls in multifamily housing. The panels are key components in the I-Stud, C-T Stud and C-H Stud Cavity Shaftwall Systems and the H-Stud Area Separation Fire Wall Systems.
If looking for shaftliner featuring fiberglass-mat face, try Gold Bond® eXP® Shaftliner.
Check the Fire and Safety Information for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
- Used to construct lightweight fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls (1-4 hr.), stairwells and area separation fire walls in multifamily housing.
- Key components in the I-Stud, C-T Stud, and C-H Stud Cavity Shaftwall Systems and the H-Stud Area Separation Fire Wall Systems.
- May be substituted for Gold Bond® Fire-Shield® Shaftliner in Cavity Shaftwall, Area Separation Fire Wall Systems, and solid laminated partitions.
PROVIDES ADDITIONAL FIRE RESISTANCE
- Features a Type X core that is more fire resistant than ordinary wallboard.
- Approved component in UL fire-rated designs.
- UL Classified for fire resistance and surface burning characteristics.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
INHIBITS MOLD GROWTH
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Features SPORGARD® technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material.
- Easily cut for quick installation
- Qualifies as a low-emitting material per California Section 01350 and CDPH Standard Method v1.2. For more information, visit: http://calrecycle.ca.gov
- Achieves UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit: ul.com/gg
Video: How to Build a Shaftwall in Commercial Construction
Products that suit any project criteria
Shaftliner, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Take the guesswork out of materials needed for your projectView
Handling & Storage of Gypsum Board
Ensure the quality of your materialsView
Cavity Shaftwall Installation Recommendations
Technical drawings for cavity shaftwall systemsView
One-hour Shaftliner Technical Drawings
Installation instructions for 1-hour shaftliner systemsView
Stair Shaftwall Section Technical Drawings
Installation instructions for stair shaftwall sectionView
Two-Hour Shaftwall Repair Technical Drawings
Installation instructions for 2-hour shaftwall repairView
Elevator Shaft Technical Drawings
Installation instructions for elevator shaft enclosuresView
Product details and technical documentation
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.