Extra protection against mold and mildew
Lightweight, cost-efficient material
Gold Bond® Shaftliner XP® Gypsum Panels with Sporgard® consist of a fire-resistant Type X gypsum core encased in a heavy moisture/mold/mildew-resistant, 100% recycled PURPLE® paper on the face and back sides.
Shaftliner XP was designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of panels are beveled for ease of installation.
Check the Fire and Safety Information for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
Shaftliner XP panels are designed to be used to construct lightweight fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls (1-4 hr.), stairwells, and area separation fire walls in multifamily housing. The panels are key components in the I-Stud, C-T Stud, and C-H Stud Cavity Shaftwall Systems and the H-Stud Area Separation Fire Wall Systems.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material.
- Shaftliner XP is easily cut for quick installation.
- UL Classified for fire resistance and surface burning characteristics.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Shaftliner XP may be substituted for Gold Bond® Fire-Shield® Shaftliner in Cavity Shaftwall, Area Separation Fire Wall Systems, and solid laminated partitions.
Gold Bond® Shaftliner XP® has achieved GREENGUARD Gold certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Shaftliner, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.