Features fiberglass mesh embedded into its core
- Walls subject to impact from hard objects.
- Resists penetrations through the gypsum board.
Is it likely that heavy objects could strike or penetrate the wall? This impact-resistant gypsum board is designed for use in areas prone to cavity penetration, such as gymnasiums, correctional facilities, schools and hospitals.
XP® Hi-Impact® Gypsum Board offers the same mold, moisture and abuse resistant features as XP® Hi-Abuse® Gypsum Board, and in addition, it has fiberglass mesh embedded into the core, providing even more impact/penetration resistance.
It also has a specially formulated core to provide fire-resistance ratings. And you can use XP® Hi-Impact® Gypsum Board as a tile backerboard in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure, such as toilet/sink areas and areas above tile in tubs and showers.
Inhibits Mold Growth
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Features Sporgard® technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties.
- Has less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C473.
Installs Fast and Easy
- Weighs less and installs faster than a Concrete Masonry Unit (CMU).
- Reinforces joint treatment as well as standard gypsum board, reducing costs and the risk of improper installation.
- Scores and snaps easily.
Resists Moisture Better
- Fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur.
- Helps to reinforce the structure’s integrity and strength.
- Reduces or eliminates swelling or dimensional movement caused by moisture.
- Offers greater protection against impact that can lead to indentation.
- Features fiberglass mesh embedded into its core, one of the toughest components.
- Provides the highest level of durability for your walls or ceilings.
- Helps to prevent damage that adds maintenance costs and reduces safety.
Gold Bond® XP® Hi-Impact® Gypsum Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Abuse & Impact Resistant, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.