- Designed for walls subject to impact from hard objects.
- Resists penetrations through the gypsum board, preventing damage that adds to maintenance costs.
- Mold and moisture resistant, fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur.
Gold Bond® XP® Hi-Impact® Gypsum Board offers the same mold-, moisture- and abuse-resistant features as XP® Hi-Abuse Gypsum Board, and in addition, it has fiberglass mesh embedded into the core providing even more impact/penetration resistance.
It also has a specially formulated core to provide fire-resistance ratings. And you can use XP Hi-Impact Gypsum Board as a tile backerboard in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure, such as toilet/sink areas and areas above tile in tubs and showers.
This impact-resistant gypsum board is designed for use in areas prone to cavity penetration, such as gymnasiums, correctional facilities, schools and hospitals.
GridMarX® are printed on the paper surface to help installers instantly identify stud locations and make accurate cuts without having to pencil in or snap chalk lines.
- Use it for interior wall and ceiling assemblies in areas where surface abrasion, indentation, mold, mildew and moisture resistance are major concerns.
- Use it where Type X Gypsum Board is specified in certain fire-rated wall assemblies.
- Use as a tile backer board in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure, such as toilet and sink areas and wall and ceiling areas above tile in tubs and showers.
- Offers greater protection against impact that can lead to indentation.
- Features fiberglass mesh embedded into its core, one of the toughest components.
- Provides the highest level of durability for your walls or ceilings.
- Helps to prevent damage that adds maintenance costs and reduces safety.
INHIBITS MOLD GROWTH
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Features SPORGARD® technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties.
- Has less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C473.
RESISTS MOISTURE BETTER
- Fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur.
- Dimensionally stable product with negligible expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric conditions.
PROVIDES ADDITIONAL FIRE RESISTANCE
- Features a Type X core making it more fire resistant than ordinary wallboard.
- Approved component in UL fire-rated designs.
- UL Classified for fire resistance and surface burning characteristics.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Features GridMarX guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Save time and money with MaX 12® and MaX 16® optimized fastener patterns to achieve 1-hour fire ratings using fewer fasteners.
- Weighs less and installs faster than a Concrete Masonry Unit (CMU).
- Finishes like regular drywall reducing the risk of improper installation.
- Scores and snaps easily.
- Qualifies as a low-emitting material per California Section 01350 and CDPH Standard Method, v1.2. For more information, visit: calrecycle.ca.gov
- Achieves UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit: ul.com/gg
Video: Today's Homeowner | What's the Difference Between Hi-Impact and Hi-Abuse Drywall
Products that suit any project criteria
Abuse & Impact Resistant, Drywall Panels, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.