Protect against abuse & abrasion
Specially formulated core that adds an extra level of durability
- Walls subject to added abuse/abrasion.
- Scratch and scuff resistant.
This abuse-resistant gypsum board is ideal to use in wall assemblies where surface abrasion is a concern, such as corridors, entryways, lobby areas, and warehouses. XP® Hi-Abuse® Gypsum Board has a mold and moisture resistant Type X gypsum core encased in heavy, abrasion and mold/mildew/moisture resistant 100% recycled PURPLE paper on the face side and heavy, abrasion and mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled gray paper on the back side.
Inhibits Mold Growth
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Features SPORGARD® technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties.
- Has less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C473.
Installs Fast And Easy
- Weighs less and installs faster than a Concrete Masonry Unit (CMU).
- Finishes like regular drywall reducing the risk of improper installation
- Scores and snaps easily.
- Features GridMarX® guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
Resists Moisture Better
- Fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur.
- Dimensionally stable product with negligible expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric conditions.
- Use as a tile backer board in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure, such as toilet and sink areas and wall and ceiling areas above tile in tubs and showers.
- Provides more protection against surface abrasion – stands up to scrapes, scratches, and scuffs.
- Has a specially formulated core that adds an extra level of durability.
- Helps to prevent damage that adds maintenance costs and reduces safety.
- Qualifies as a low-emitting material per California Section 01350 and CDPH Standard Method, v1.2. For more information, visit: http://calrecycle.ca.gov
Products that suit any project criteria
Abuse & Impact Resistant, Drywall Panels, Mold & Moisture Resistant
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.