Lightweight basecoat plaster
Gold Bond® Gypsolite® Plaster is a lightweight gypsum basecoat plaster mixed at the plant with correctly sized and proportioned perlite aggregate, requiring only the addition of water on the job.
Gypsolite Plaster is designed for interior use in trowel application over gypsum or metal lath as described in ASTM C842.
Gypsolite Plaster is a basecoat plaster for finish plasters such as:
- Gold Bond® Kal-Kote® Smooth Finish Plaster
- Gold Bond® Kal-Kote® Texture Finish Plaster
- Gold Bond® Uni-Kal® Veneer Plaster
- Gold Bond® X-KALibur® Veneer Plaster
- Gold Bond® Super-White Gauging Plaster Quick Set
- Gold Bond® Super-White Gauging Plaster Slow Set
- Gypsolite Plaster assures uniformity through exact proportioning and thorough mixing of graded perlite and gypsum plaster at the mill. Gypsolite provides a uniform base for the finish coat.
- Gypsolite Plaster weighs less than half as much as sanded gypsum plaster, thus reducing the dead-load on framing as well as jobsite handling costs.
- With a “k” factor of 1.5, Gypsolite Plaster provides about 1-1/2 times the insulating value of sanded plaster.
- Gypsolite has excellent fire-resistant qualities and generally provides fire ratings higher than sanded plaster.
Products that suit any project criteria
32-35 sq. ft. Gypsum Base Applications
16-19 sq. ft. Metal Lath Applications
Approx. Set Time:
2 1/2 hours
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.