Lightweight gypsum basecoat plaster
Provides a uniform base for the finish coat
Gold Bond® Gypsolite® Plaster is a lightweight gypsum basecoat plaster mixed at the plant with correctly sized and proportioned perlite aggregate, requiring only the addition of water on the job. It is manufactured to be trowel applied as a basecoat over gypsum or metal lath.
Gypsolite Plaster is a basecoat plaster for finish plasters such as:
- Gold Bond Kal-Kote® Smooth Finish
- Gold Bond Kal-Kote® Texture Finish
- Gold Bond Uni-Kal® Veneer Plaster
- Gold Bond X-KALibur® Veneer Plaster
- Job gauged lime putty
- Uniform Strength and Hardness. Uniformity is assured through exact proportioning and thorough mixing of graded perlite and gypsum plaster at the mill. Gypsolite provides a uniform base for the finish coat.
- Lightweight. Gypsolite weighs less than half as much as sanded gypsum plaster, thus reducing the dead-load on framing.
- High Insulating Value. With a "k" factor of 1.5, Gypsolite provides about 3 1/2 times the insulating value of sanded plaster.
- Fire Resistance. Gypsolite has excellent fire-resistive qualities and generally provides fire ratings higher than sanded plaster.
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.