High strength basecoat plaster
Forms a hard, durable base for the finish coats of another gypsum plaster
- Controlled uniformity
- Fire Resistance
Gold Bond® Two-Way Hardwall Plaster is a basecoat gypsum neat plaster which requires the job site addition of an aggregate and water to produce working qualities. When properly proportioned with aggregate, Two-Way Hardwall Plaster forms a hard, durable base for the finish coats of another gypsum plaster. Complies with ASTM C28.
Use Two-Way Hardwall Plaster with sand or expanded lightweight aggregate conforming to ASTM C35. It is mechanically mixed at the jobsite. Apply it by hand or use it through pump/spray plastering machines.
Two-Way Hardwall Plaster consists of unaggregated gypsum plaster and contains no asbestos.
Two-Way Hardwall Plaster is designed for interior use over all accepted plaster bases as described in ASTM C842.
Two-Way Hardwall Plaster is a basecoat plaster for finish plasters such as:
- Gold Bond® Kal-Kote® Smooth Finish Plaster
- Gold Bond® Kal-Kote® Texture Finish Plaster
- Gold Bond® Uni-Kal® Veneer Plaster
- Gold Bond® X-KALibur® Extended Set Veneer Plaster
- Gold Bond® Super-White Gauging Plaster Quick Set
- Gold Bond® Super-White Gauging Plaster Slow Set
- Set-stabilized and adjusted for market requirements and seasonal changes. When mixed with sand or other aggregates, it has uniform working qualities and excellent spread.
- When properly proportioned with aggregate, Two-Way Hardwall Plaster forms a hard, durable base for the finish coat and provides increased resistance to minor structural movements and impacts.
- Fire resistant: Two-Way Hardwall Plaster is essentially mineral in composition and will not support combustion.
Products that suit any project criteria
40-50 sq. ft. over Gypsum Base
20-26 sq. ft. over Metal Lath
40-50 sq. ft. over Brick, Clay Tile, Concrete
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.