Interior smooth trowel application
Designed to provide a white smooth trowel finish using conventional plastering techniques
- Mill-mixed interior finish plaster.
- For smooth troweled applications over gypsum plaster basecoat.
- Add water, mix and apply.
Kal-Kote® Smooth Finish Plaster is designed to provide a white smooth trowel finish using conventional plastering techniques. Apply not exceeding 1/16" over Kal-Kote® Basecoat Plaster.
Requires the addition of water only. It may also be used as a finish for conventional basecoat plasters. Small amounts of commercial retarder may be cautiously used to slow the setting time when used over conventional basecoat plasters.
Kal-Kote Smooth is a veneer finish coat that bonds directly to Kal-Kote Basecoat.
- Rapid installation reduces overall construction time.
- Appearance and surface of conventional plaster at lower cost than regular plastering.
- High resistance to cracking, nail-popping, impact, and abrasion failure.
- Mill-mixed plaster components help assure uniform installation performance and finished job quality.
- Kal-Kote System may be used for plaster-embedded electric radiant heating cable systems.
- Greater crack resistance than one-coat systems.
Products that suit any project criteria
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.