Tapered edge gypsum plaster base
Greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission
Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield® Plaster Base is a tapered edge gypsum plaster base with a 100% recycled blue absorptive face paper surface designed to permit rapid trowel application of Kal-Kote® Basecoat, Gypsolite Plaster, Uni-Kal® and X-KALibur® one-coat plasters.
Kal-Kore Plaster Base and veneer plaster systems may be specified for virtually all types of partition and ceiling constructions, including wood or steel framing, furring and masonry. For both residential and commercial buildings, both two-coat and one-coat veneer plaster systems produce a wall more nail-pop-resistant than conventional lath and plaster.
Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in laboratory tested systems. Check the Fire and Safety Information for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
- Provides a strong bond for the application of Kal-Kote Basecoat, Uni-Kal, and X-KALibur veneer plasters as well as Gypsolite Plaster.
- Rapid installation reduces overall construction time.
- Appearance and surface of conventional plaster at lower cost than regular plastering.
- High resistance to cracking, nail-popping, impact and abrasion failure.
- Veneer Plaster Systems provide an excellent base over which paints or other finishes should be applied.
- Can be installed on ceilings 24" o.c. (perpendicular).
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
UL Classified for fire resistance, surface burning characteristics and noncombustibility.
Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield® Plaster Base has achieved GREENGUARD Gold certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.