Lightweight plaster base
Excellent base over which paints or other finishes should be applied
Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® LITE Plaster Base is a tapered edge gypsum plaster base with a 100% recycled blue absorptive face paper surface designed to permit rapid trowel application of Kal-Kote® Basecoat, Gypsolite Plaster, Uni-Kal®, and X-KALibur® one-coat plasters.
- Lightweight: 25% lighter than original 1/2-in Kal-Kore base.
- Rapid installation reduces overall construction time.
- Provides the appearance and surface of conventional plaster at a lower cost than regular plastering.
- Recommended for use in single-layer applications in residential construction.
- Tapered edges allow for easily concealed joints using paper tape and joint compound.
- Veneer plaster systems provide an excellent base over which paints or other finishes should be applied.
- Manufactured to conform to the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Specification C 588/C 1396 and CSA A82.27 for gypsum wallboard used as plaster base materials.
Products that suit any project criteria
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.