Lightweight plaster base
- Suitable for walls and ceilings in non-fire-rated construction with framing members spaced 24” o.c..
- Provides a smooth durable base for plaster.
- Lightweight; 25% lighter than original 1/2" Kal-Kore® Plaster Base
Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® LITE Plaster Base is a tapered edge gypsum plaster base with a 100% recycled absorptive face paper surface designed to permit rapid trowel application of Kal-Kote® Basecoat, Uni-Kal® and X-KALibur® veneer plasters as well as Gypsolite® Plaster.
Kal-Kore Plaster Base and veneer plaster systems may be specified for virtually all types of partition and ceiling constructions, including wood or steel framing, furring and masonry. For both residential and commercial buildings, both two-coat and on-coat veneer plaster systems produce a wall more resistant to nail-pops.
GridMarX® are printed on the paper surface to help installers instantly identify stud locations and make accurate cuts without having to pencil in or snap chalk lines.
For a plaster base used in UL fire-rated designs, see Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield® Plaster Base (5/8”, Type X), or 1/2“ Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield C™ Plaster Base (1/2“, Type C) or 5/8” Gold Bond® Kal-Kore® Fire-Shield C™ Plaster Base (5/8”, Type C).
- For non-fire-rated construction with framing members spaced 24” o.c.
- Provides a strong bond for the application of Kal-Kote Basecoat, Uni-Kal and X-KALibur veneer plasters as well as Gypsolite Plaster.
- Provides the appearance and surface of conventional plaster at lower cost.
- Provides a smooth and durable base for plaster.
- High resistance to cracking, nail-popping, impact and abrasion failure.
- Lightweight; 25% lighter than original 1/2" Kal-Kore Base
- Reduced weight results in easier handling.
FAST AND EASY INSTALLATION
- Features GridMarX guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Rapid installation reduces overall construction time.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes are negligible.
- Tapered edges allow for easily concealed joints using paper tape and joint compound.
- UL Classified for fire-resistance, surface burning characteristics and non-combustibility.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
Products that suit any project criteria
Drywall Panels, Lightweight Panels
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.