For regular, overlay, and curved applications
Lightweight, cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes
- Gypsum Board is easily cut for quick installation.
- For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
Gold Bond® Gypsum Board consists of a fire-resistant gypsum core encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of the panels are tapered or square. For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
- 1/4" - Lightweight, low-cost utility gypsum panel for interior use as a base layer for improving sound control in double-layer steel and/or wood stud partitions. Also, for use over old wall and ceiling surfaces. Also applicable for forming curved surfaces with short radii.
- 3/8" - Lightweight for interior use in the double-wall systems over wood framing, and for repair and remodeling.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
- Gypsum Board is easily cut for quick installation, permitting painting or other decoration and the installation of metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes is negligible.
Products that suit any project criteria
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.