Single layer multi-hour assemblies
Greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission
- Reduced labor and material costs by using fewer layers (up to 10%).
- Thicker core equals added abuse resistance.
- Cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
Gold Bond® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board consists of a fire-resistant gypsum core encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of the panels are tapered.
For speed of installation, GridMarx® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
Gold Bond® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in laboratory tested systems.
Gold Bond® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board- For single-layer - steel stud and cavity shaftwall systems. The greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission vs. a single layer of 5/8" Type X.
- Gypsum Board is easily cut for quick installation of metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- UL Classified for fire resistance, surface burning characteristics, and non-combustibility.
- Scores and snaps easily, with no special handling requirements.
- Expansion and contracting under normal atmospheric changes are negligible.
Gold Bond® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.