Improved moisture resistant board
Features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in tested systems.
- Provides greater fire resistance.
- Speeds up installation.
- Reduces costs.
XP® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board with SPORGARD® was developed as improved moisture resistant board, offering the same advantages of a traditional moisture resistant board with added mold resistance in the core and paper.
XP® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board panels consist of a specially treated, fire-resistant, Type X gypsum core encased in a heavy mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, PURPLE paper on the face side and a heavy, mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled gray paper on the backside.
The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth.
XP® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in tested systems.
XP® Ultra-Shield FS® 3/4" Gypsum Board — For single-layer - steel stud and cavity shaftwall systems. The greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission vs. a single layer of 5/8" Type X.
- The specially formulated core has added fire-resistive qualities and is UL Classified for fire resistance.
- Scores and snaps easily and cuts quickly, permitting painting or other decoration and the installation of metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- Lessen labor and material costs by using fewer layers (up to 10%).
- Thicker core equals added abuse resistance.
- Features GridMarX® guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- 3/4" Ultra-Shield FS XP Gypsum Board is moisture resistant and can be used as a tile backer board in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure such as toilet/sink areas and wall areas above tile in tubs and showers.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- UL Classified for fire resistance and surface burning characteristics.
- Less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C473.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes are negligible.
Products that suit any project criteria
Mold & Moisture Resistant, Drywall Panels, Shaftliner
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.