20% lighter than standard Type X gypsum board
Features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in specific UL designs
Gold Bond® High Strength Fire-Shield 60® Gypsum Board consists of a fire-resistant Type X gypsum core specially formulated to be 20% lighter than standard Type X gypsum board.
It is encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of the panels are tapered or square. For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
High Strength Fire-Shield 60 Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in specific UL designs.
Check the Fire and Safety Information for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
5/8" High Strength Fire-Shield 60 - for single- or multi-layer drywall construction for fire tested assemblies.
- 20% lighter than standard 5/8" Type X gypsum board.
- Lighter weight results in easier handling.
- Features a fire-resistant Type X core and is UL classified and approved for inclusion on specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Excellent working properties, including score and snap, reduced dust, and improved strength-to-weight ratio.
- Features GridMarX guide marks.
- Meets CHPS and CA Section 01350.
- UL Type FSLX requires the use of fiberglass insulation for single-layer, steel stud UL rated wall assemblies.
Gold Bond® High Strength Fire-Shield 60® Gypsum Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.