Helps reduce floor-ceiling sound transfer
Features acoustically enhanced, fire-resistant gypsum core
- Mold & Mildew Resistance
- Sound Resistance
- Fire Resistance
SoundBreak XP Ceiling® Board consists of two pieces of high-density, mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistant gypsum board, with a specially designed PURPLE® paper, laminated together with a sound-damping, viscoelastic polymer. This acoustically enhanced, fire- resistant gypsum core is encased in heavy paper that is 100% recycled on both sides and offers superior abrasion, mold, mildew and moisture resistance.
- Apply to floor-ceiling assemblies where airborne sound transmission and structurally transmitted sound are a concern, and high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values are desired.
- Use 3/4" (19.1 mm) SoundBreak XP Ceiling Board to provide a 1-hour fire-rating in specific UL floor-ceiling designs.
- For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
Reduces Sound Transmission
- Provides high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values per an independent third-party acoustical laboratory using ASTM E90 test procedures.
- In specific floor-ceiling assemblies, provides both STC and IIC ratings above 60.
Works for Interior Projects
- Heavy abrasion-resistant paper and dense core provide greater resistance to surface abuse and indentation when tested in accordance with ASTM C1629.
- Fire-resistant material will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212 °F (100 °C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
Installs Fast and Easy
- Features the GridMarX® guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Installs like traditional gypsum board.
- Use according to specifications to achieve the highest possible sound ratings.
Inhibits Mold Growth
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Features Sporgard® technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties.
Resists Moisture Better
- Fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur.
- Dimensionally stable product with negligible expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric conditions.
- Achieves GREENGUARD Gold Certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.
- Qualifies as a low-emitting material per California Section 01350 and CDPH Standard Method, v1.2. For more information, visit: calrecycle.ca.gov
Products that suit any project criteria
Acoustical, Mold & Moisture Resistant, Ceiling Board / Panels
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.