Helps reduce floor-ceiling sound transfer
Features acoustically enhanced, fire-resistant gypsum core
- Mold & Mildew Resistance
- Sound Resistance
- Fire Resistance
SoundBreak XP Ceiling® Board consists of two pieces of high-density, mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistant gypsum board, with a specially designed PURPLE® paper, laminated together with a sound-damping, viscoelastic polymer. This acoustically enhanced, fire- resistant gypsum core is encased in heavy paper that is 100% recycled on both sides and offers superior abrasion, mold, mildew and moisture resistance.
- Apply to floor-ceiling assemblies where airborne sound transmission and structurally transmitted sound are a concern, and high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values are desired.
- Use 3/4" (19.1 mm) SoundBreak XP Ceiling Board to provide a 1-hour fire-rating in specific UL floor-ceiling designs.
- For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
- Provides high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values per an independent third-party acoustical laboratory using ASTM E90 test procedures.
- In specific floor-ceiling assemblies, provides both STC and IIC ratings above 60.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Heavy abrasion-resistant paper and dense core provide greater resistance to surface abuse and indentation when tested in accordance with ASTM C1629.
- Installs like traditional gypsum board
- Fire-resistant material will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212 °F (100 °C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Dimensionally stable product with negligible expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric conditions.
- Features the GridMarX® guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Achieves GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold Certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit: ul.com.
- Qualifies as a low-VOC emitting material by meeting California Specification 01350. For more information, visit: calrecycle.ca.gov.
Products that suit any project criteria
Acoustical, Mold & Moisture Resistant, Ceiling Board / Panels
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.