Helps reduce floor-ceiling sound transfer
- Apply to floor-ceiling assemblies where airborne sound transmission and structurally transmitted sound are a concern.
- Mold and moisture resistant, provides extra protection against mold and mildew.
- Type C core is fire resistant and an approved component in UL fire-rated designs.
Gold Bond® SoundBreak XP Ceiling® Board consists of two pieces of high density, mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistant gypsum board, with a specially designed PURPLE® paper, laminated together with a sound-damping, viscoelastic polymer. The acoustically enhanced, fire-resistant gypsum core is encased in heavy, 100% recycled paper on both sides that offers superior abrasion, mold, mildew and moisture resistance.
SoundBreak XP Ceiling Board provides higher Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values than standard gypsum board when applied to the underside of floor-ceiling assemblies where airborne sound transmission and structurally transmitted sound are a concern.
GridMarX® are printed on the face paper surface to help installers instantly identify stud locations and make accurate cuts without having to pencil in or snap chalk lines.
Use with Gold Bond® SoundBreak XP Wall® Board to also reduce sound transmission between walls, for superior sound damping.
- Apply it to floor-ceiling assemblies where airborne sound transmission and structurally transmitted sound are a concern, and high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values are desired.
- Use to provide a 1-hour fire-rating in specific UL floor-ceiling designs.
REDUCES SOUND TRANSMISSION
- Provides high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values per an independent third-party acoustical laboratory using ASTM E90 test procedures.
- In specific floor-ceiling assemblies, provides both STC and IIC ratings above 60.
INHIBITS MOLD GROWTH
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Features SPORGARD® technology with extra mold-inhibiting properties.
RESISTS MOISTURE BETTER
- Fights the effects of moisture before damage can occur.
- Dimensionally stable product with negligible expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric conditions.
PROVIDES ADDITIONAL FIRE RESISTANCE
- Features a Type C core that is more fire resistant than ordinary wallboard.
- Approved for specific UL fire-rated designs.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
INSTALLS FAST AND EASY
- Features the GridMarX guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Installs like traditional gypsum board.
- Use according to specifications to achieve the highest possible sound ratings.
- Qualifies as a low-emitting material per California Section 01350 and CDPH Standard Method, v1.2. For more information, visit: calrecycle.ca.gov
- Achieves UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit: ul.com/gg
Video: Science of Sound | Choosing Drywall Products for Better Acoustics
Video: Step-By-Step Guide to SoundBreak XP Ceiling® Board Installation
Products that suit any project criteria
Acoustical, Mold & Moisture Resistant, Ceiling Board / Panels
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Helpful resources for your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.