Ideally suited for mechanically attached roofing systems
- Recommended for mechanically attached roof systems.
- Ideal coverboard or thermal barrier.
- Scores and snaps easily.
DEXcell® Glass Mat Roof Board has coated fiberglass facers and an enhanced mold-resistant gypsum core. This moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum panel is a substrate board, thermal barrier, and/or coverboard for commercial roofing applications. It scores and cuts easily, and is specially coated on the front, back, and sides for easy handling.
Use it for a wide variety of roofing systems, including mechanically attached and ballasted single-ply membranes, thermal barriers, and metal roofing.
DEXcell Glass Mat Roof Board is one of four products offered by DEXcell Roof Boards.
- Use DEXcell® Glass Mat Roof Board as a substrate board and for thermal protection in roofing assemblies. It provides increased fire safety and acoustical enhancement. It also serves as a substrate for a vapor retarder and/or continuous substrate for the application of roofing membranes. This board provides increased moisture, mold, and impact resistance.
- Use it as a coverboard in roofing assemblies. DEXcell Glass Mat Roof Board protects and supports the roof membrane; provides increased fire, moisture, and mold resistance; and reduces the potential for penetration damage to the membrane.
- Scores and snaps easily.
- Fiberglass mat on face and back has a special coating for easy handling.
- Meets ASTM C1177.
- Meets FM Class 1 and UL Class A fire ratings for roofing systems up to unlimited slope per UL 790/ULC S107.
- Approved component in specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Use it as part of a class A, B or C roof covering that has been tested in accordance UL 1256, ULC CAN-S126, or FM 4450. No additional thermal barrier is required as per IBC 2603.4.1.5.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- High-density coverboard/thermal barrier.
- 5/8" (15.9 mm) DEXcell Glass Mat Roof Board is UL Classified for use in numerous hourly rated UL assemblies, including UL "P" roof assemblies; refer to UL Certifications Directory. Meets Type X per ASTM C1177.
Products that suit any project criteria.
1/4", 1/2", 5/8"
Product details and technical documentation.
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.