Recommended for fully adhered roof systems
Provides increased fire safety and acoustical enhancement
- Coated facer improves adhesive bond.
- Ideal coverboard or thermal barrier.
DEXcell® FA Glass Mat Roof Board has heavy-duty coated fiberglass facers and an enhanced mold-resistant gypsum core. This mold- and moisture-resistant gypsum panel is a substrate board, thermal barrier and/or coverboard for commercial roofing applications. It scores and cuts easily, and is specially coated on the front, back and sides for easy handling.
Use it for a wide variety of roofing systems, including fully adhered, mechanically attached and ballasted roofs using single-ply membranes, modified bitumen, fluid applied, built-up roofing, spray foam and metal.
- Use DEXcell® FA Glass Mat Roof Board as a substrate board and for thermal protection in roofing assemblies. It provides increased fire safety and acoustical enhancement. It also serves as a substrate for a vapor retarder and/or continuous substrate for the application of roofing membranes. This board provides increased moisture and mold resistance.
- Use it as an insulation coverboard in roofing assemblies. DEXcell FA Glass Mat Roof Board protects and supports the roof membrane; provides increased fire, moisture and mold resistance; and reduces the potential for penetration damage to the membrane.
- Use it to sheathe the roof side of parapet and penthouse walls.
- Scores and snaps easily.
- Fiberglass mat on face and back has special coating for easy handling.
- Meets ASTM C1177.
- Meets FM Class 1 and UL Class A fire ratings for roofing systems up to unlimited slope per UL 790/ULC S107.
- Approved component in specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Use it as part of a class A, B or C roof covering that has been tested in accordance with UL 1256, ULC CAN-S126 or FM 4450. No additional thermal barrier is required as per IBC 2603.
- Anti-microbial per ASTM D6329.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Eliminates the need for a field-applied primer for many fully adhered roofing membrane applications. Please see system manufacturers’ application recommendations.
- High-density coverboard/thermal barrier.
- 5/8 inch (15.9 mm) DEXcell® FA Glass Mat Roof Board is UL Classified for use in numerous hourly rated UL assemblies, including UL "P" roof assemblies; refer to UL Certifications Directory: ul.com. Meets Type X per ASTM C1177.
Products that suit any project criteria
1/4", 1/2", 5/8"
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Product details and technical documentation
Design & Resource Center
Browse our digital library of tools, resources, and service options to support your team.Learn More
Gold Bond experts are ready to discuss project and product needs to meet your goals.Expert Connection
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by Gold Bond Building Products, LLC.