Very severe hail rating protection.
Excellent choice for roof assemblies with enhanced hail, puncture and wind resistance
DEXcell FA VSH™ Glass Mat Roof Board is a reinforced gypsum panel with an enhanced moisture-resistant gypsum core and heavy-duty coated glass mat facers. It is an excellent choice for applications requiring maximum hail and puncture resistance. It is extremely durable and is approved for use in single-ply and multi-ply assemblies meeting FM Very Severe Hail (VSH) Classification.
The precoated facers sealed surface technology is designed to increase the coverage of membrane adhesives and enhance the performance of the bond strength of the system. DEXcell FA VSH Roof Boards help reduce the amount of adhesive used and may eliminate the need for a field primer. Consult the system manufacturer for actual priming requirements.
This moisture- and mold-resistant gypsum panel is a substrate board, thermal barrier, and/or cover board for commercial roofing applications. It scores and cuts easily, and it is specially coated on the front, back, and sides for easy handling.
Use it in a wide variety of roofing systems, including fully adhered, modified bitumen, fluid applied, spray foam, and metal roofs. It also serves as a fire barrier and thermal barrier.
- Use DEXcell FA VSH Glass Mat Roof Board as a substrate board and for thermal protection in roofing assemblies. It provides increased fire safety and acoustical enhancement. It also serves as a substrate for a vapor retarder and/or continuous substrate for the application of roofing membranes. This board provides increased moisture, mold, and impact resistance.
- Use it as an insulation coverboard in adhered roofing assemblies. DEXcell FA VSH Glass Mat Roof Board protects and supports the roof membrane; provides increased hail resistance, fire, moisture, and mold resistance; and reduces the potential for penetration damage to the membrane.
- Use it to sheathe the roof side of the parapet and penthouse walls.
- Scores and snaps easily.
- Fiberglass mat on the face and back has a special coating for ease of use in handling and installation.
- Meets ASTM C1177.
- Meets FM Class 1 and UL Class A fire ratings for roofing systems up to unlimited slope per UL 790/ULC CAN-107.
- An approved component in specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Use it as part of class A, B or C roof covering that has been tested in accordance with UL 1256, ULC CAN-S216, or FM 4450. No additional thermal barrier is required as per IBC 2603.
- Anti-microbial per ASTM D6329.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Precoated facers seal the surface allowing improved adhesive coverage and bond.
- Eliminates the need for a field-applied primer for many fully adhered roofing membrane applications.
- High-density coverboard/thermal barrier.
Products that suit any project criteria
Product details and technical documentation
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project